Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Temporary Home

I was walking home from college a few days back listening to my music when this song came into play.  It's a song by Carrie Underwood and this song gave me goosebumps--not because of the music, but because of the lyrics.  It opened my eyes to my life on Earth...how it's so temporary and how we will go to our permanent home.

Reflect on the lyrics and you can listen to it on the music player...just select it.  This is my favorite song now.


Little boy, 6 years old 
A little too used to bein' alone 
Another new mom and dad,another school 
Another house that'll never be home 
When people ask him how he likes this place 
He looks up and says with a smile upon his face 

"This is my temporary home 
It's not where I belong 
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through 
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going 
I'm not afraid because I know this is my 
Temporary Home." 

Young mom on her own 
She needs a little help got nowhere to go 
She's lookin' for a job, lookin' for a way out 
Because a half-way house will never be a home
At night she whispers to her baby girl 
Someday we'll find a place here in this world 

"This is our temporary home 
It's not where we belong 
Windows and rooms that we're passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going 
I'm not afraid because I know this is our 
Temporary Home." 

Old man, hospital bed 
The room is filled with people he loves 
And he whispers don't cry for me 
I'll see you all someday 
He looks up and says "I can see God's face." 

"This is my temporary Home 
It's not where I belong 
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through 
This was just a stop,on the way To where I'm going 
I'm not afraid because I know this was 
My temporary home." 

This is our temporary home 

It almost brought tears to my eyes...I pray it would wake you up to...
I thank God for Carrie Underwood--how she has influenced the world with her songs while still crediting the Creator.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??