Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A vey fine 2009

...2009 has been...

...great...
...challenging...
...new...
...awesome...
...different...
...fun...
...lonely...
...life changing...
...exciting...
...though...

In other words, 2009 has been everything a year should be full of, and more.  I met tons of new people, accomplished many things, and feel that I have made progress in my life.
Tons of things happened many wonderful things but as Newtons Third law goes, there were regrets as well.

I have learnt many lessons this year--like setting a priority in the things I do.  I learnt this when I left the YKLS to focus on my studies.  Another lesson learnt is patience.  I learnt this from my drum students Zhi Yaow and Elliot.  They have taught me to be more tolerant than I have ever been.  Another way that I have learnt patience is from my father and his reluctance in allowing me to have Facebook.  I have been persistently asking but to no effect.  So I wrote a point form essay about why I should have Facebook.  Hopefully he'll give me an answer soon.

Things that I accomplished this year:

  1. Performing for the KLPac Open Day
  2. Performing in the Australian Month
  3. Organizing the Live On Stage
  4. Writing PJEFC's Easter Production: Hope In Hopelessness.
  5. Taking my SAT's and scoring 1600+ points
  6. Getting a distinction on my Grade 8 drum exam
  7. Finishing all the work needed to go to college next year
  8. Taking part in the HELP Psychology Challenge 2009
  9. Getting the SASA scholarship
  10. Helping out in VBS
  11. Planning camp
I had awesome times with every experience...there are more but they have somehow slipped my mind
(not that it's not important).  I met a few good friends this year and improved my relationship with others.

New year posts are not only about remembering the year but about moving on.  Sure mistakes were made, things that were not suppose to be done were done, but it's time to carry on the race; it's time to release the burdens of 2009.

Letting go the past does not mean we forget about it, we need to learn from the past in order to move on.

This year has been an awesome year, but still it is not the end.
I will never stop pioneering my future.  










No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??