Monday, December 21, 2009

Back to Basics

It was the fastest camp I ever attended.  Partly maybe because I was part of the planning committee, but still it past in a flash--the third day felt like the second.  I know people signed up without much expectation, with it being in church and all, but, my, were they shocked.


Day One.
Tuesday

Day one, for me, started at 11:00.  Pastor Aaron prayed for the whole committee, and we were off to organize our things.  People started arriving way before 1p.m. I went down with Weili to get food before we opened registration.  When we opened registration, it was a non-stop process of registration.  The flood of campers almost over-whelmed us as we rushed to give them their name-tags and register them.  The briefing followed and we were set into our teams to decide our names--there were six teams, I, M, P, A, C, and T.  In the end, this were the names we came up with:

I = In
M =M.A.D. Munchkins
P = Pi (As in 3.142....)
A = Aku Amat Awesome (or A cube)
C = Chun-ted (My team)
T = Too Pro Too Furious

Chun-ted won the first game for the most creative name and cheer.  Later on there was a game of Mikasa (A game of volleyball with varying rules), followed by dinner, and a session by Ps. Aaron.  After that we went and did what we wanted 'til Lights Out.  I made it a point to my dorm-mates that our dorm would be the cleanest and the best.  So we all trusted each other and slept knowing that there will be no pranking among ourselves.

But in the morning......


If anyone had trouble sleeping, the sight in the morning sure made them smile.  I woke up to attend prayer meeting...but my slippers were missing, so I went barefoot to the toilet to wash up, but I heard shouts coming from the girl's dorm.  I went there and saw what the people in charge of security were up to.  They used our slippers to make a super big smiley.

Day Two.
Wednesday

It started off great thanks to Tian Xi, Joshua Lim, Joseph Lim, Sam Lim and all those guys who made the smiley.  It got alot of people to attend the prayer meeting.  I went off at 11 cos I had an appointment with Dr. Goh--not the doctor as in the guy with the medicine, but as in a psychologist, the Dean of  Psychology at HELP in fact. Chun-ted won the Captain Twister game, but got second on the treasure hunt.-go team!

That night the dorm two doors from mine got 'punked'.  The 'security people' budged into the door and said that they heard that someone in that dorm had brought cards.  It was a trick.  It was funny when it was told but I kinda pity those in the dorm.

Day Three.
Thursday

It felt like the first day.  I woke up and went for the prayer not many people made it.  My team felt defeat for the first time at volleyball.  The session and all that were interesting.  We had lots of fun, coming up with our skit for the talentime.
 
This is not the best pic...the best are with Jason and his camera (Jason, I want those pics!)
We like posed behind him and Jason took the pics.

Career Night!

See me?
I'm the guy with a wrapped up face.  I went to camp as a professional beggar.  The food was awesome and all and Chun-ted scored the best guy and best girl dress-up.

We had a special performance by Tian Xi and Friends.  Click to view their version of I'm Yours.

Talentime.

It was awesome but quite long to put here so to put it the shortest way, it was entertaining.  We saw the hidden talent inside many of the campers and it was a funny and interesting time.

Prank.

At night around 1am Joshua Lim entered my dorm and put shaving cream on my face.  I woke up round 1:30am and wiped it off with my beggar shirt.  You would think that Josh would have the satisfaction of catching me off guard, but no, he decided to have a round two.  He came in again, but I was already awake.  I stared at him but it was too dark for him to see me.  I waited until he was very near to me before I snapped my fingers in front of his face.  He sweared and ran away.
LOL.

Day Four.
Friday

It was Friday before we even knew it.
The most remarkable thing about Friday was the afternoon worship.  Alycia moved with the prompting of the spirit and I believe many lives were touched.  After that some went to watch Up while a bunch of us went up stairs to play volleyball (The real game).

Next there was games.
We were given a watermelon per team.  We were meant to dress it up and it was going to be our team 'baby'.



This is Orange
Chun-ted's Baby

When we were done introducing them to IMpact, Jeremy told us part two of the game.  We were given chopsticks and spoons and were told that we were too eat the watermelons.  We were to be cannibals.  Chun-ted got second place.  Now Orange will be a part of us.

That night Jeremy announced that there was no curfew, and the camp went berserk.  Arm wrestling competitions were done for the first few hours then groups broke apart to talk and sing.  There were three singing groups and more talking groups.  The night was filled with pranking, but I was safe.  I decided that I would not prank Josh Lim back for pranking me.  I have to keep my 'good boy' image.  Anyways what goes around comes around.

Day Five.
Saturday

I heard the last person sleep at around 8am.  I woke up late at 9:45am and rushed to eat breakfast.  It finished so fast and before we knew it, it was time to go home.  Sad.

That was it camp was over.

During this camp I met new friends, learnt new things from David, and felt the presence of God throughout.  I memorized every camper's names though they might not know me.

Thanks to the camp committee: Jeff, Jeremy, Kay Jen, Eirene, Joseph, Shin Lin, Rayshell, Weili, Adrian, Han Jiang, Emily, and D.E.L.

Thanks to those who stayed back to clean up.

Thanks to the twelve year olds for enjoying this camp--especially Sheng En, who calls me a bully even though I'm not, and Ming Han, for always reading my clues before me.

Now camp is over and I continue to pray that this fire will never die, this will not be a momentary high.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??