Monday, November 30, 2009

Yes or No?

I don't seem to understand you!
First you treat me as a friend,
Then you completely ignore me!
We talk only when there's no one around,
But when others come by, I disappear.
I know you probably think I'm wierd
And I don't care,
Just talk to me,
Tell me I exist!

I get nervous near you,
And you probably know that.
You know that you make me uncomfortable,
Yet happy at the same time.
Am I the only one feeling like this,
I pray not!
I pray that you too have this awkward feeling.
This feeling I feel in your presence,
Which makes my uncomfortable,
Yet at home at the same time.

Is it a yes or a no?
I can't seem to understand you,
At first you seem to enjoy my company
And shun me away another time.
Why can't I just ignore you too?
Why can't I just leave us as friends?
I want to ask you how you feel for me,
Yet I fear the chance that you'll say no,
And reject me.
I fear that after that we won't see each other as friends anymore
That you'll ignore me more.

Are you playing hard to get?
Or are you completely ignorant of my feelings for you?
Maybe I've not shown you that I care?
Or I've shown you how weird I can be,
But I'm weird because I feel weird with you
I'm scared that if I act so tough and proud,
That you'll think of me as a snob.
I'm scared that if I act quiet, you'll completely ignore me
(And that is what I fear the most)
I'm scared that if I act too smart,
You'll think that I'm out of your league,
But in truth, I am out of your league.

Now I pour my emotions out here,
Without a guarantee that you'll ever read it.
I want to share my world with you,
Yet I'm afraid that our paths will not merge,
That we'll drift apart.

Every life is a river,
Every couple is a merged stream,
Every breakup is a fork in the river,
And every successful relationship leads to the sea.

Please take my hand when I get the guts to ask you,
Please say yes instead of no
Let's live not as two but one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??