Friday, July 22, 2011

Pride

An issue I've been dealing with most profoundly recently is pride.  By saying that I have no issues is pride in itself already.  It's so hard to live a "prideless" life, and I guess why it's in my opinion that pride is the devil's strongest asset.  I mean, who doesn't want to be recognized? Who doesn't want a name? Even the most introverted introverts long for greatness, and that is why pride is powerful.

Pride can be illustrated by a golden statue.  As the statue begins to loose is shine, it is polished again with pride. And pride makes it shine brighter than the sun.  The golden statue's pride makes it look so strong and immovable.  Unknown to everyone else, the truth is not as it seems.  Inside this statue, it is rusting, but it's pride keeps it from showing anyone that it's falling.  Until a hole of rust emerges from the shimmering gold and the whole world can see that beneath this magnificent work of art, lies the truth.  That pride is hollow that pride only makes things worst than it really is.

I'm dealing with pride. I guess the type of pride that I have began more as a seeking for attention but it has now grown into real pride.  I used to be perasan, and I told people that I was playing a fool, but the thing about playing a fool is that reality and fiction is a lot closer than you might think it is.

I need to break my pride, and I know now I cannot do it alone - I need God's hand in my life.  I need to be broken.  I pray it wouldn't take 40 years like Moses took.  I want God to humble me and I know it's going to be hard work.

I've set goals and steps for me to stop being too prideful and if they work, I'll share it because I know everyone wants to be used by God, and therefore has to take away pride.  :)

Stop me when I start boasting.  I'll appreciate it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??