Monday, July 4, 2011

I'm moving on...

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons

Finally content with a past I regret
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with myself
I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long
I'm movin' on



Life won't wait for anyone...
Life won't give you a chance to catch up...
Life keeps on going anyway...

I've lived in this place and I know all the faces
Each one is different but they're always the same
They mean me no harm but it's time that I face it 
They'll never allow me to change 
But I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong
I'm movin' on

And...
I feel that I've been living in a world that I thought has accepted me.
I feel that I've been living in a lie that I have created
I feel that I've been living in a place that would never understand me
I feel that I've been living in a house that is not my home


I'm movin' on
At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me 
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone 
There comes a time in everyone's life  
When all you can see are the years passing by  
And I have made up my mind that those days are gone

Sigh...
I see my time being wasted
I see my life drifting away
I see that no one here really cares

I've given 6 years of my life and what have I gotten in return?
I've given my commitment and what do I have to show for it?

I hate it when you can see beyond the surface.
I hate it when you can read between the lines.
I hate it when the stop I took was a thousand stops to late.

Not going to put the last verse here because I haven't decided to do anything.  Maybe (such a pain sometimes) there's a chance of things picking up.  Maybe there's a chance that my time was not a waste.  Maybe...

So I may be moving on, but you'll still see me.  I may be gone, but I'm still here.

I have to let go to move on
I have to move on to be free
I have to be free to find a new belonging...


Time changes and it's time to change with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??