Friday, May 22, 2009

Isn't It True

A poem I wrote when I could not think of any other topic to write on. This poem speaks of injustice and the lack of peace.

I switch on the TV
Then browse to the news.
It's a sad fact
Of what the world views.
Wars and famine,
Death and tears,
Disasters and madness,
People full of fears.

Then I realized
That these need not be.
The homeless can be saved;
The children happy.
Isn't it true
That many of these sadness
Can be taken away
By little acts of kindness?

Isn't it true
That wars rage on,
And we loose friends,
mothers, a son?
So I believe
Wars need not be an option.
I am very sure
There is a peaceful solution.

Isn't it true
We have plenty to share,
Not like those in Africa
Who live with so little and bare?
So I believe
We can start giving.
Food to the homeless;
Joy to the living.

Whenever you see
People in need,
Make a mental note
To perform a good deed.
Not because people are looking
Or because you want something back,
But because you feel for them,
The people whom everything lack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??