Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Angel

Here's a poem for a special someone I wrote yesterday:

I lay on my bed,
And see a vision
Of a beautiful lady
Beyond my description.

She had an elegant face
And the voice of choirs.
And a form that could
Fulfill all man's desires.

Then I realized something
That I was only dreaming,
For when I opened my eyes,
She began disappearing.

I reached for her hand
Before she could fade,
And at that position,
For a long time I stayed.

Was she an Angel
Or maybe a dream?
She's the most perfect thing
That I've ever seen.

Then I realized
That I've met her before.
We had once said goodbye,
Before she left the door.

Where have I met her
In church or in school?
When I was walking home,
Or when I acted a fool?

Wherever it was,
I knew just what to do:
I had to see her again.
If only I had a clue.

I rummaged through my photos
Everyone of my life,
And there I saw the Angel,
And I forgot my strife.

There the Angel lay,
In the midst of a crowd,
But her face caught my eye,
As though she was loud.

And there I spotted myself,
But not as quickly.
I was standing far from her,
We looked very happy.

I recognized the stage,
And where that place was.
I will see her again,
All hope was not lost!

I waited for that Sunday
When the church would gather,
And I waited for her to show,
Then my life became grander.

For there the Angel stood,
Right before me, smiling
I recognized her then.
Her name is ...............(why should I tell you? xD)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??