Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Life is short

Ever since I started driving, my very "illustrative" imagination has not helped much to ease my pessimism.  

I remember dreaming a week after I got my license that I was driving with my family on a flyover until suddenly I hit the divider and we fell. It gave me a phobias of flyovers. Still think about it whenever I drive no and then.  

Since I've been able to drive, I've almost knocked down two people. One guy was drunkish looking and he just walked down the road like he owned it.  I horned at him thinking he would jump and run away (I was naive).  The most stupid thing I did was that I kept on going until I realized that he wasn't going to stop. I slammed the breaks then... Another guy almost became my first road accident when he tripped over the sidewalk to the road I was on.  I almost took his life....

They say that your life flashes before your eyes when you are dying.  I had something like that. I felt their (or what I imagined it to be) life flash before my eyes before I hit them.  Maybe it's a normal thing, but still that thought of almost taking another life is beyond my imagining.  Even if it was an accident, I think I would feel guilty until my deathbed.  

Life is fragile.  That's the truth.  At any one time, at any one place, at any one moment, something can come and take away your life.  Sometimes we have a chance to save ourselves, sometimes we don't, and sometimes we have a chance of saving others.  You watch those hero movies where the hero risks his life for the people and sacrifices his life in the end, and I want to be that type of person. I am an altruist.  I believe that my life is nothing compared to others, but I don't know when I'm put into the position of choosing between saving my life and saving others, will I succumb to the very nature that makes me human, or would I stand firm in my believes.  

A question to ponder about, until IF EVER I meet such a junction in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??