Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Awkward moment when...

This phrase is like the new and "hip" thing to say nowadays.  I don't like people who simply use the phrase.  I mean, sometimes things are not awkward at all.  Do these people even know what "awkward" actually means?
The word has been overused recently that saying it has made it kinda annoying.


Sometimes it has gone overboard like.

The awkward moment when...

...I dropped a chopstick.

...I saw my reflection.

...I broke a pencil lead??

I mean, catching your friend staring at you is not an awkward moment.

Now to another extreme: I know a few people who are really ANNOYED at the phrase. I mean, why get so worked up over words? It's only words and words are all I have to take...wait...off topic much?

Yes, it's just words! Don't get white hair over this mess.

I really feel that though, yes, it can get kinda bad sometimes, "The awkward moment..." is just a phrase.

This phrase is really useful for certain situations like:

"The awkward moment when the girl you likes asked you whether you had a boyfriend"

Now THAT was awkward :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??