Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I want to know You as I'm known

'To know You, is to want to know You more...' - Casting Crowns

Ever since I can remember, I've been a curious lad.  I asked questions even though I didn't like the answers.  I read encyclopedias if the answers proved insignificant.  I would break things open just to see how they tick.  Yes, I was a curious kid.  But somehow that curiosity has died.  I don't feel the need to know anymore.  I don't have that passion to read things even though it has nothing to do with what I'm studying.  There was a time when every question had to be answered; where every stone had to be turned, but now it seems like I'm hiding in ignorance and bliss.

There was a time when I would take up the Bible and read it for hours.  There was a time when knowing God was the biggest priority in my life.  I would spend time away praying.  I would fall on my knees without caring.  Where has this desire to know God gone to? As my passion wanes, I find the things I used to do to know God becoming a chore...

Create in me a desire to know You as I'm known
Create in me a wanting to kneel before Your throne,
And hear You say, Well done, my good and faithful one,
You have lived right and brought glory to my Son.

I will search for You through the highest heights,
Through the deepest depths, through sorrows and plights
As long as I find You, I'll be alright
To find You, Lord, will be my delight...

I want to know You're here
I want to know You now
My hands are raised
My heart is bowed
Don't pass me by
I feel to dry
I need Your touch
Don't pass me by

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??