Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ipoh...

One thing can be said about Ipoh....
Everything is BIG here...

But thats a good thing =)
The food portion is so BIG!

But this trip has not been very great =/
1) Cos I had to skip IMpact...sorry guys.
2) Cos I had to skip PJEFC...but I still went to church =P
3) Cos I had to skip BK...sorry Auntie Lily...
4) Everything has changed...

On this trip I wanted to--not only eat--but also find my heritage.  It's so sad to find that even the road named for my great great grandfather is gone =( Does anyone know where Jalan Lam Looking is?? And to top it off, all the buildings that my great great grandfather built is also gone...and the ones that are still standing have taken away his logo...

All my Heritage is gone!!!! I should have taken more time to search for these sites when they were still around...and now they are gone and replaced with the future...the only thing that I have that proves that my family were once one of the big families from Ipoh is this picture...

Can you see it?? It says Lam Looking Building...that's my great great grandfather's name.


If this is what you call progress...I don't want it.  If we are suppose to learn from our ancestors, how on earth can we do that when our history is gone??

So it's obvious that my trip wasn't as exciting as I thought it would have been...but at least I have some sort of proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??