Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wake up call

Today the most unexpected thing happened--well at least the most unexpected thing to me.

The speaker scolded the church!! =O. no, really I think the church needed it but still it was shocking.

The speaker, whom I shall not mention (firstly, because I'm not sure how to spell his name. secondly, well, so those who were there will know only. And thirdly because I feel like it xD), scolded the church because of our brokenness and complacency.

I've only been in this church for four years and I think anyone who visits will know that it is a hurting church. Why?

  1. The cold shoulder given by older members.
  2. The age gap between the very old and very young...meaning that people who grew up in the church, don't come back after college).
The main reason for the hurt is the sacking of the senior pastor five years back. Now we have a new pastor, but after three years of serving God in this church, not everyone supports him--but I support you pastor! The hurt from the past led to the complacency.

Thank you Speaker for showing us what God has said through you. Thank you for the wake up call that this church needed. I hope that PJEFC will still invite you back after this momentous sermon.

I really hope to see this hurting church heal. After all how is it suppose to help the world when it's body is broken?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??