Friday, October 9, 2009

The Ode to My Slippers



This is an ode to my slippers--my faithful slippers.

Thou pair of Asadis which served me well.
I shall forever cherish thee.
Thou pair of Asadis which lasted for so long
How I wish thou wert still with me
Thou pair of Asadis that I love so much
Why at such a time did you die?
Thou pair of Asadis which I took advantage of
Still you loved me, and so I will cry.
Though I stepped on you, and splashed you,
You still remained strong
Though I stomped you and stepped on something wrong
Still you decided to last so long.
For more than four years hath I never ceased
To use you. Now may you rest in peace.

=...(

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??