Friday, January 9, 2015

#ThePeopleProject2015

I guess you may call me strange for making friendships a project, but the way I see it, if I don't put effort then what's the point? Those of you who have been following this blog (I don't know why you would be, but thanks?), you would know that some time last year, I started an initiative called: Project: Begin Again. And that project was to focus on lost friendships. I'm happy to say that the project was a success of some sort. I did reconnect with friendships past and now I shall move on to the next step: #ThePeopleProject2015 ! *cue intro music*

While Project: Begin Again was about finding friendships, #ThePeopleProject2015 will be about maintaining friendships. It's about keeping in touch and I do not mean in an I-saw-and-read-what-you-posted kind of way, but in a let's-meet-up kind of way. It's about making time for the people I find important in my life. If you are my friend on Facebook, you would have noticed that I've already started this with an album dedicated to #ThePeopleProject2015.

In a way, this and last year's project goes hand in hand and share many similarities. I am still connecting. I am still reconnecting. Nothing much changes except maybe the focus. I've thrown out a wide net last year, not it's time to narrow that net. I've always cherished one-to-one conversations to grouped ones (Though I can be pretty awkward in smaller groups) and this project is about the depth. I don't want to be that hi-bye friend.

So to those I've already met, I'll be seeing you again soon. To those I'm seeing soon, Hi. And to those I've yet to contact, I'm making time. If I don't contact you it could mean one of two things: 1) I meet you so often that there's really no need to make a dramatic effort i.e. Family, Church peeps and former colleagues and 2) I'm not really close to you (but if you want to change that, feel free to drop me a message).

Note: I do realize that my album on Facebook seems rather sexist, but I assure you, I have male friends too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??