Monday, August 13, 2012

Girls have it easier

I was having this long conversation with a friend and I've come to a conclusion that girls have it easier when it comes to BGR and stuff.

Of course I've never been in a relationship before, but from observation...it's no wonder that guys are the ones that have a shorter lifespan.

1. Guys do the chasing.  Maybe in this modern world, the girl gets her hands a little dirty, but in most cases, it's the guy that has to go through the heartache and nervous traumas that comes with having the guts to ask a girl out.  And how is that fair?  Guys have to live with the rejection while the girls hold the power of a guy's heart in her hands.

2. Guys plan everything.  When it comes to dates, the guys usually do all the planning. The where to go and the what to do along with the hows.

3. Guys have to remember everything.  When it comes to anniversaries, birthdays, special occasions, favorite restaurants, time of the months, appointments, guys are pressured to remember everything.  Sure, girls also do the remembering, but they remember these things to test the guys. Where's the justice in that?

4. Guys have to cope with everything. Take the mood swings, the expectations, the responsibility. Guys have to take it all.

5. Guys have to be gentlemanly. In their conduct, no matter how stressed they are, no matter how busy, they have to be the cool gentleman and be the stable person.

These points may not be the case in ALL BGR cases, but I'm pretty sure these are the most common reasons as to why girls get it off easier.

Saying all this, I guess, I don't mind it.  I've been raised to take on this role. But for this time at least, I don't feel that I'm prepared for a relationship. I'm not ready to take GOOD care of another person without losing myself in the process.  It's easy to talk about relationships but it's hard to live one, and I'm not sure whether I can take that kind of pressure.  But with the time that I'm spending trying to be a better person, my options are running lesser and lesser.  I believe that if God had ever intended me to be married, He's preparing that beautiful girl the same to live with my lousiness as well as my plus points, just as He's preparing me for her.  :)


* Disclaimer: no offence was intended to any gender whatsoever.  If you felt hurt, then it only means I hit a soft spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??