Thursday, March 26, 2009

masks

I look at the mirror
And what do I see?
A thousand faces
Starring back at me.
A thousand different masks
Of each I have worn.
Ever since some years
After I was born.
Most who know me
Only know a mask
Which I have created
To complete a certain task.
Some people know me
As the guy who is cool.
Still others think
That I was always blue.
There are some who think I’m emo
Still others think I’m mean.
But this is just a masquerade
Of what I am within.
I make a new mask
Every time I see
Someone I haven’t met
That wouldn’t like the real me.
But I know in the future.
I wouldn’t be able to hold.
So many different masks
When I am growing old.
Now I begin to feel
Masks dropping to the floor.
It’s slowly breaking down
To reveal the inner core.
So I’ve started introducing
People to the real me,
And throwing away those masks,
Makes me feel so free!
Soon everyone I know
Will truly understand me;
The person behind the mask,
Who is fun and happy.
Slowly my masks are dropping,
Drying and dying away,
And I stop seeing through eyeholes
To view a glorious day.
What more can I say
To all of you out there?
It truly doesn’t matter
Of what you really wear.
I know many of you
Are also wearing masks
Which you have created
To accomplish many tasks.
You may be the though guy,
Or maybe the bully,
Or the apologetic fellow
Who always says, “Sorry?”
There are various reasons
To create a new face.
Like when you go and visit
A new and different place.
But others will find out
That you’ve been living a lie,
Or you might just break down,
And you’d run away to cry.
The conclusions I’m drawing here
Is quite obvious in fact:
There’s no need to live a lie—
To hide behind an act.
Take some time to ask yourself,
“Is this really me?”
And stop this little masquerade
And live your life happily!
-END

if you continue wearing masks, you'll soon suffocate in a web of lies.
--ReubeN--

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Say for Today

If right-handers use their left brain, doesn't it mean that left-handers are always in the right mind??